Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Foma edits




I've been working on my Foma pieces for the upcoming touring show, and I'm a bit stuck. To be honest I hated the works and wished that I could have done something different for them, but I've been experimenting with the pieces and trying to do something I'm happy with. The result is that one piece I have changed into something I'm not sure about (but at the same time I love it) and the other I am trying to obscure somehow.

This is the piece that used to be a blanket, and now I've somehow turned it into a coat type thing, and now i'm just figuring out what's going on underneath. I don't know.

The other piece is a dress that I'd covered in silk cranes, and I'm not really happy with this one either and considering taking out my frustration by covering the entire thing with tangled string to obscure the front. It's almost there, I'm hoping that the mess will come out from the front a fair way. The question plaguing me is: is it Art or Fashion? And should it be one or the other for this exhibition?

1 comment:

tjoyy said...

wow lots happening for you and your work = can you bring some pics in when we meet on Tuesday - Jeff will be coming along too