Saturday, June 14, 2008

Foma #3


I've been working on Foma #3 for the possible touring show, I spent about 7 hours on the couch last Tuesday working on one section approx. 6cm squared so I'm a bit unsure about whether this is really a practical thing for me to be spending my time on. Why don't I leave it to the viewers? Have a look at the pics of the piece below, and you can comment on whether I should finish it or not. (In case you're wondering, the image to the left is of a painting I did about a month ago, it's currently showing at the Collage Wall in our kitchen.)

The piece below is two jackets (unfinished at the moment) sewn together at the sleeves, and I am embroidering the sleeves with Blackwork embroidery and other motifs that are memory markers from my life, and doing the same on the other jacket for my boyfriend (actually it may not be my boyfriend in the end, could be ghosts of memories of past boyfriends. Not sure yet.) Anyway, I like the piece.








1 comment:

tjoyy said...

love your painting. that black needle work is just so desirable and beautiful