Sunday, August 31, 2008

New elements

I've started working on a new sort of project with Andre Conate, actor extraordinaire from the Swinburne days; we're starting to take my costumes and create movement pieces in them. The Growing a Fringe festival in Benders is in two weeks and we are hoping to put something together for the performance showcase. I'm really excited because it's another step towards the kind of work I want to do, ie. visual theatre. I'm hoping that we can get something exciting happening for this piece then extend what we're doing in future projects.

I watched two fully sick films today - a Russian film called Stalker and The Maltese Falcon. Part of the Birthday series - I bought them both last Friday on the trip to Melbourne. It was a really enjoyable day, got to spend the day dragging James around town (he's such a trooper) and popped in to Swinburne and saw two of my lecturers - George, our lighting teacher who gave us a tour and all the gossip, and John, who forgot my name and called me Kylie. This is what happens when you aren't a star in the acting classes! But George loves me, so it's ok!

I think I'm going to be doing a radio show next month, so I'll post the details up here when it's happening. The broadcast is going to be within about a 6k radius of the station so don't get too excited if you don't live in Bendigo. And to be honest, if you don't live in Bendigo or know me personally you're probably not reading this so it doesn't matter. But if you are, I'm going to start practicing my radio technique: For the readers out there, do you watch theatre? and if you do, what do you like/hate when you're watching it? Go to www.cvcb.org.au to respond. I think that's the website anyway. Don't really, there's nowhere to respond. Just have a look or something.


Wow, look at the shit I've written!

No comments: