Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hello, boys

Long time no speak. I've lost my camera in the junk in my room so I've been putting off making an entry, but I've accepted the fact that if I don't actually look for the camera I'm probably not going to find it any time soon. I'll get onto that, I swear.

Well, the Olympics are almost upon us, and the title of this entry is a reference to Roy & HG's The Dream show that they did during the Sydney Olympics. They were commentating Men's Gymnastics and didn't quite know the names of the positions, so they made them up. "Hello boys" was the splits, and the 'Chiko Roll' was a forward roll, I'm assuming. Somehow it came into my lexicon when I was experimenting with different ways of answering the phone without having the person on the other end of the line pick up on it. Sometimes they do, sometimes not. "Happy House of Fun, Ellen Speaking" is a bit harder to go unnoticed with.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with sewing. Next big thing is Flock, which is Carly, Clare and I crafting it up at Allan's Walk with the theme of birds and nature. I've been designing for it in my *studio* (aka front bedroom that no one wants to live in) and it's slowly getting there. There is the possibility that I will end up creating works that use patterns and techniques I've used in previous works - ruffles from Foma, scales/feathers from The Reality Hour. Is that bad? Who cares, I'm doing it anyway.

In other news I've applied for a workshop with Next Wave - I just can't get enough! It's a thing to collaborate with an artist on work - something I want to do if I can find a dancer. It's part of a few things I want to do with my work - work with a dancer/performer and then get into filming. When that happens, it will be an achievement with my work. A pinnacle, if you will.

Super-fine, 100%!

2 comments:

tjoyy said...

what can I say - no treats for you until you clean up your ROOM

Ellen Coyle said...

I found my camera!